PEC Basic Orientation
(Length: 6-8 hours)
The PEC Basic Orientation safety awareness course includes SafeLand and SafeGulfUSA. PEC Basic was designed to take the place of multiple Operator orientations and to give each student a general idea of life and safety issues in the oil and gas industry, upstream, downstream, onshore or offshore. This one-day program meets API RP 75 & API RP T-1 requirements. It provides a basic awareness level of certain general safety information that an employee should know before entering a company facility and while performing their assigned work duties. The majority of the leading oil and gas operators accept this orientation as it meets their requirements. Upon successful completion of the course, each student is issued a picture ID with a unique barcode. The student information is then stored in an online database.
This orientation has become the standard program for the industry and certifies a student at awareness level for the following:
- SafeLand/SafeGulf USA Certification
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Awareness
- Back Safety
- Confined Space
- Defensive Driving
- Electrical Safety
- Emergency Response
- Fall Protection
- Fire Protection
- Forklift Safety
- Hazardous Communications
- Hazmat (HM 126)
- Hazwoper (Operations)
- Hearing Conservation
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
- Medical Records
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Process Safety Management
- Respiratory Protection
- Terrorism Response Awareness Program (TRAP)
- Welding Safety
- To prepare the student to know what types of additional training they will need in order to work for the various operators at onshore facilities.
- To create a mindset in each student that will help him or her play an active role in the safety program at his or her work facility.
- To explain to each student the value of asking questions when he/she does not understand a certain aspect of his or hers job.
- To ensure that each employee that has completed this program has an identification card indicating that they have completed the course.
An essential course for any employee that is new to the O&G and Petrochem industry that will consistently be working in plant, dockside, and onshore facilities. This is required for any employee of a company that does exploration, production, drilling and/or refining work for any of the leading operators.